Meditation Class FAQ
Inspired Yoga & Healing Center, 1740 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743. The class meets monthly – the 3rd Sunday of every month: 6:30pm-8:00pm.
The class is 1 1/2 hours. Students should arrive 10 minutes prior to class.
No previous meditation experience or knowledge is required. The techniques are explained and easy to learn. Beginners and experienced meditators are welcome.
It’s meditation based; no yoga postures are performed. No yoga mats, meditation seats or special clothing are required. Just wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Chairs are provided. All you need is an open mind and heart.
Mind Body Meditation: Sunday, March 2017 -TBA: 6:30pm-8:00pm
To register click the Pay Pal button below.
Mind & Body Meditation for Health, Happiness & Harmony
- Class Teacher: Dean, PhD, MS, E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP
- Founder & Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation
- Gong Master, MEM Gong Yoga Teacher, Therapeutic Sound Healer, Restorative Yoga Therapist,
- Yin Yoga Instructor, Medical Qigong Instructor, Usui Reiki Master, Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki ® Master
- Click Here To Learn More About Dean (Sukh Shabad Singh)
This Mind & Body Meditation Class Heals!
To meditate with mindful breathing is to bring body and mind back to the present moment so that you do not miss your appointment with life. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
PHYSICAL: Healing Illness through Meditation
It is said that often the root of an illness is in the mind and consciousness. So, by attending to the mind, clearing it of any disturbances, the recovery speeds up.
By practicing meditation, the stresses, worries, anxieties drop off and gives rise to a positive state of mind, which has a positive impact on the physical body, brain, hormonal system and nervous system, then illnesses change.
Health and illness are a part of physical nature. You should not worry too much about it. When you worry about illness, you are giving more power to the illness. You are a combination of health and illness. When you keep that in mind and have a positive state of mind, then illnesses change. It’s difficult to live a positive life, thinking negative thoughts or repeating negative patterns.
MIND & EMOTIONS: Heal the Mind & Clear Emotional Pollution with Meditation
Meditation prevents stresses from entering the body system and also releases accumulated stress. Health, happiness and a positive state of Being wells up. The practice of meditation brings a coolness to the brain, it’s like servicing the whole body-mind complex. This class will teach you how to mentally floss your mind from ingesting toxic thoughts or accumulating harmful mental debris.
A time may come in the future, when people will be fined for being depressed, because they are creating emotional pollution! The words that you hear from people around you, affect your state of mind. They either give you peace and joy, or create disturbance (such as jealously, anger, frustration or sadness). You’re affected because the mind is not in its Self; it is not centered. This class will help you strengthen your positive emotional muscles and teach you how to atrophy the uncontrolled or unwanted negative emotions.
SPIRITUAL: Transform & Blossom with Meditation
This class promotes self-empowerment and spiritual transformation. As you learn more about life, the mystery of the whole Creation unfolds. Then the questions that arise in the mind are – What is the meaning of Life? What is its purpose? What is this world, what is love, what is knowledge…?
Once these questions arise in you, know that you are very fortunate. These questions need to be understood; you cannot find the answers in books. You have to live through them and witness the transformation. That is perfect health; you are transformed from within. And the bud becomes a totally blossomed flower.
GLOBAL: Heal Yourself, Heal the World through Meditation
After this class, you will feel calmer, lighter, centered, and clearer. A sense of joy in the moment prevails, and you’re able to smile from your heart. When you positively change, the world positively changes with you. “Be the change you wish to see in the world” (Mahatma Gandhi).
Meditation is the single most powerful tool to aid recovery from disease and lead to a life of maximum health. ~ Ian Gawler
During the Mind & Body Healing Meditation Class You will Learn
- Powerful healing meditations.
- Breathing exercises that balance the emotions, relax the body, and calm and clear the mind.
- Gentle energy movements that reduce stress and rid the body of illness or sickness.
- Specific sound vibrations – MANTRAS – that break unwanted addictions, compulsive behaviors, harmful patterns or negative thoughts.
- How to use self-healing energy points on your body to reduce anxiety, depression, anger, frustration, grief, depression or lethargy.
- Hand gestures or movements – MUDRAS – for healing and regeneration.
- Guided visualization to relieve stress and improve mental wellness.
- Life changing affirmations that help transform negative thoughts into positive thoughts.
- Silent meditation to promote inner peace, quiet and calm.
What is a Mantra
Mantras are words, sounds or vibrations that stimulate the reflex points in the mouth to create healing in the body and brain, thus allowing for enhanced health of the nervous, endocrine (hormonal system), and energy system.
What is a Mudra
Mudras are powerful hand gestures that have been used and taught for for thousands of years as a means of healing. Mudras work by stimulating reflex points and meridians in the body, which act as a doorway for circulation, healing and regeneration of the corresponding body part or area.
During this Class Energy Movements are Practiced to Produces Immediate, Powerful Results
“Energy Movements” in this class includes a wide range of techniques that consists of body movement, energy breathing exercises, hand yoga positions (*mudras), sound (*mantras), positive affirmations or visualization. Energy-Movement Meditation combined with focused attention and mindfulness will help restore the flow of vital energy throughout the body. In this class, “energy-movement meditation” is done before “silent, sitting meditation” to help calm and clear the mind, balance the emotions, steady the breath and to relax the body. Silently sitting at this time will allow the body, breath and mind to fully integrate the positive effects of the movement meditation. This will allow you to meditate naturally and for longer periods of time. Our meditation movements are not difficult to do and can be easily modified for the student.
Additional Benefits of Energy-Movement Meditation
- — Promotes relaxation, peace, and calm.
- — Relieves chronic pain, such as joint, back or neck pain.
- — Reduces stress, nervousness, anxiety, and depression.
- — Improves mental clarity, focus, and concentration.
- — Creates emotional stability and a sense of well being.
- — Strengthens the immune, glandular, lymphatic, digestive, and nervous systems.
- — Restores neuroimmunoendocrine balance.
- — Increases dopamine and serotonin levels.
- — Enables you to experience vibrant health and well being.
- — Eliminates energy blockages and prevents energy stagnation.
|Healing Meditation Class||Group Meditation Class||—||$25.00|
True Living Yoga Refund Policy For This Class
This fee is non-refundable. If this class is cancelled or you are unable to attend after making payment, you may use this towards one of next three monthly Mind & Body Healing Meditation Classes (Within 3 months). No substitutions of this class are granted or offered.
While many people enjoy the health advantages that Movement Meditation, Walking Meditation or Qigong offer, it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is not intended to substitute for the medical expertise and advice of your primary health care provider. We encourage you to discuss any decisions about treatment or care with your health care provider. Be sure to consult your physician before starting this or any other exercise program.