Meditation Class FAQ
The Location of the Class is: VFW POST 1469, 210 Pulaski Road. Huntington Station. The class meets monthly – the 3rd Sunday of every month: 6:30pm-8:00pm.
The class is 1 1/2 hours. Students should arrive 10 minutes prior to class. Many students remain an additional 10 minutes to ask questions.
Once you Begin to Heal your Mind, your Body will Follow. — Dr. Dean Telano
Mind-Body Healing Meditation Class
Class Teacher: Dean Telano / Sukh Shabad Singh, N.D., Ph.D., E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT – Meditation & Spiritual Life Coach
Click Here To Learn More About Dr. Dean
Dean Telano is one of the few teachers trained to teach these different types of “energy-healing” meditation techniques. The techniques are based upon Dean’s expertise in Meditation, Mantra / Naad Yoga (sound healing) & Mudras (healing hand yoga); Hatha, Kundalini; Raja, Tibetan & Kundalini Maha Yoga; Buddhism; Medical & Spiritual Qigong; and Reiki Energy Healing.
During the Mind-Body Healing Meditation Class You will Learn:
- Specific healing meditations.
- Breathing exercises to relax & restore body and calm & clear the mind.
- Specific sounds or mantras that still the mind, balance the emotions, and heal the body.
- Hand positions (mudras) that have positive effect on the body.
- Simple, gentle energy-healing movements.
- Guided visualization to relieve stress and improve mental wellness.
- Slient meditation to promote peace and calm.
In this Mind-Body Meditation Class, Movement Meditation is Essential and Produces Very Powerful Results. — Dr. Dean Telano
“Movement Meditation” in this class includes a wide range of techniques that consists of body movement, energy breathing exercises, hand yoga positions (mudras), sound, positive affirmations or visualization. Movement Meditation combined with focused attention and mindfulness will help restore the flow of vital energy throughout the body.
Additional Benefits of our “Movement Meditation”:
- — Promotes relaxation, peace, and calm.
- — Relieves chronic pain, such as joint, back or neck pain.
- — Reduces stress, nervousness, anxiety, and depression.
- — Improves mental clarity, focus, and concentration.
- — Creates emotional stability and a sense of well being.
- — Strengthens the immune, glandular, lymphatic, digestive, and nervous systems.
- — Restores neuroimmunoendocrine balance.
- — Increases dopamine and serotonin levels.
- — Enables you to experience vibrant health and well being.
- — Eliminates energy blockages and prevents energy stagnation.
As part of “movement meditation”, this class sometimes includes walking meditation. Walking meditation can be just as profound as siting meditation, and has the advantage of bringing the meditative experience and awareness into our everyday activity; it can act as a bridge practice between sitting meditation and the more interactive experience of our daily life. There is a tremendous richness of experience to become aware of, as you walk. The body loves movement, and will reward you with relaxation if you pay attention to how it feels! So much of the time we are caught up in our mental worlds — thinking of the past or future, planning and imagining. Paying attention to the body and being aware as you walk will help you to enjoy simply being in the present moment.
In this class, “movement meditation” is done before “silent, sitting meditation” to help calm and clear the mind, balance the emotions, steady the breath and to relax the body. Silently sitting at this time will allow the body, breath and mind to fully integrate the positive effects of the movement meditation. This will allow you to meditate naturally and for longer periods of time. Our meditation movements are not difficult to do and can be easily modified for the student.
|Healing Meditation Class||Group Meditation Class||—||$20.00|
Classes are open to all and there’s no experience necessary.
Wear comfortable clothing.
Folding chairs are available.
A portion of the proceeds from every class is donated to charity.
While many people enjoy the health advantages that Movement Meditation, Walking Meditation or Qigong offer, it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is not intended to substitute for the medical expertise and advice of your primary health care provider. We encourage you to discuss any decisions about treatment or care with your health care provider. Be sure to consult your physician before starting this or any other exercise program.