Dean Telano / Sukh Shabad Singh, N.D., Ph.D., E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT
Founder of Rahini School of Yoga and Meditation, Reiki Integrated Healing Energy Center, and Qigong of Long Island
Dr. Dean, Co-Owner of True Living Yoga Healing Center, has been practicing yoga, meditation and Buddhism for over 30 years. His yoga training and study includes Rahini, Hatha, Kundalini, Raja, Kundalini Maha, Tibetan, and Naam Yoga. Additionally, he has extensive years of study and training in: Bon, Sakya, and New Kadampa Buddhist Traditions; Shamatha, Mantra, Dzogchen, and Zen Meditation; Taoism; Medical and Spiritual Qigong; Reiki Healing; and Ayurveda. Dr. Dean has been a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance since 2001.
Dr. Dean is the founder of “Rahini Yoga” and the Director of the Rahini School of Yoga and Meditation, Rahini Rocks! Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program, and the Prenatal Rahini Yoga Program. All of these Yoga Schools are Yoga Alliance Registered Schools (RYS), and meet or exceed national yoga standards and education requirements. Graduates from his yoga programs are currently teaching all over the world including such places as Ecuador, South Africa, Japan, California, North Carolina, Florida, New York and Long Island.
To promote, educate, and teach others about the importance of radiant health, body-mind-spirit harmony, and healing, Dr. Dean has founded both the “Reiki Integrated Energy Healing Center” and “Qigong of Long Island”. Dr. Dean is also President and Founder of “Bon Buddhism of Long Island” - the first recognized Bon Buddhist Sangha on Long Island. Many Bon Buddhist Lamas and Teachers from India support this Sangha by coming to Bon Buddhism of Long Island / True Living Yoga Center and give teachings on Buddhism, meditation, healing and how to live joyful, happier, and peaceful lives.
Dr. Dean, an Ordained Interfaith Minister since 1997, is a Naturopath, an Exercise Physiologist, Reiki Master and Qigong Instructor. Dr. Dean has appeared on television numerous times, is a guest speaker at wellness seminars, teaches meditation for cancer survivor groups, is a spiritual and mediation coach and a pyschic medium. He has authored several Rahin Yoga, Meditation and Reiki Teacher Training Manuals.
Dr. Dean has studied and trained with many teachers from many traditions including: Kundalini Yoga with Ravi Singh and received his spiritual name – Sukh Shabad Singh, from Yogi Bhajan; Hatha and Raja Yoga with Dr. Vedula Satyananda Rao- “Babaji”; Tibetan Yoga & Meditation with Alejandro Chaoul-Reich, Ph.D. & Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche; Tibetan Bon Buddhsim and Meditation with Latri Geshe Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche, Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche & Geshe Murig Nyima Kunkyap Rinpoche; Sakya Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism with His Holiness the Sakya Trizin; Qigong Healing and Medical Qigong with Sifu Sat Hon, Master Tianyou Hao, Grandmaster Dr. Chen & Tina Zhang; Zen Buddhism and Meditation with Sensei Janet Jiryu Abels & Sensei Gregory Hosho Abels; Kundalini Maha Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Japa and Meditation with Shri Anandi Ma & Shri Deleepji.
Dr. Dean’s Credentials
- — Ordained Interfaith Minister (Since 1997)- Universal Life Church
- — N.D.- Naturopathy
- — Ph.D.- Natural Health
- — M.S.- Exercise Physiology
- — C.N.C.- Certified Nutritional Consultant
- — R.M.T. – Reiki Master and Teacher in the “Usui Shiki Ryoho Tradition”: The Usui System of Natural Healing and the “Gendai Reiki-Ho Tradition”: Modern Method of Reiki Healing.
- — Publications – Teacher Training Manuals:
- “Fundamentals of Rahini Yoga”
- “Rahini Yoga: Yoga of Spiritual Alignment”
- “Essential Yoga Poses of Rahini Yoga”
- “Mind-Of-Clear-Light Meditation”
- “Reiki Healing: 1st, 2nd, Advanced & Reiki Master Levels
Yoga Training & Experience
- — Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Since 2001.
- — M-RYT- Master Rahini Yoga Teacher.
- — E-RYT 500- Certified & Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher.
- — RCYT- Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher.
- — RPYT- Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher.
- — *Certified in Hatha Yoga: High-Tech Yoga Institute of America – Dr. VS Rao (Vedula Satyananda Rao).
- — *Certified in Raja Yoga: High-Tech Yoga Institute of America – Dr. VS Rao (Vedula Satyananda Rao).
- — Certified in Tibetan Yoga: Tsa Lung / Trul Khor (Ligmincha Institute – Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche & Alejandro Chaoul-Reich).
- — Granted Master Degree in Yoga Education: High-Tech Yoga Institute of America – Dr. VS Rao (Vedula Satyananda Rao).
- — Extensive Training in Kundalini Yoga & Meditation with Ravi Singh & Received Spiritual Name – Sukh Shabad Singh, from Yogi Bhajan.
- — Extensive Training in Kundalini Maha Yoga & Meditation (Dhyanyoga Centers) with Shri Anandi Ma & Shri Dileepji.
* Lineage-Please note, Dr. Dean’s Hatha Yoga & Raja Yoga Teacher – Dr. V.S. Rao, or Vedula Satyananda Rao, was a Disciple of “His Holiness Sri Swami Sivananda Saraswati Maharaj” (One of the Greatest Yoga Masters / Saints of the 20th Century).
* Additionally, Dr. VS Rao’s Main Guru and Mentor was “Yog Yogeshwer Maha Prabhu Sri Ramial Ji Maharaj” (Also Known as “Mahavatar Babaji” -According to the Famous Book- ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’). Mahavtar Babaji is Considered One of the Greatest Yoga Masters.
Qigong Training & Experience
- — Initiated into the Dragon Gate Taoist Lineage through Sifu Sat Chuen Hon — 21st Dragon Gate Lineage Holder of the Complete Reality Taoist School.
- — Currently Studying as a Master Medical Qigong Therapist at the Institute of Traditional Medicine (ITM), Toronto. Some Areas of Training Include: Medical Qigong; Immune Qigong; Alchemical Qigong; Taoist Meditation; Traditional Chinese Meridian System & the Taoist Meridian System that Includes 20 Additional Meridians & Numerous Additional Acupoints; 6 Healing Sounds; Healing Calligraphy; and the 108-Form Ta’i Chi Ch’uan.
- — Student of Sifu Sat Chuen Hon, Taoist Master of the Dragon Gate, Lineage.
- — Received Qigong Black Sash from Grandmaster Dr. Warner Chen, 2001.
- — Certified as Medical Qigong Educator (Sifu Sat Chuen Hon).
- — Certified in Qigong Healing (Grandmaster Dr. Warner Chen).
- — Certified in Chinese Medical Qigong: The Three Treasures Form (Master Tina Chunna Zhang).
- — Certified in Standing Healing & Relaxation Forms (Master Tianyou Hao).
- — Founder of “Qigong of Long Island” — A Long Island Based Qigong Studio that Emphasizes Self-Healing, Self-Empowerment & Harmony of the Body, Breath, Mind & Spirit.
- — Creator of “Radiant Health Qigong” — A Qigong Practice that Emphasizes Radiant Health, Healing & Harmony.