Dean Telano / Sukh Shabad Singh, N.D., Ph.D., E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT
Founder of Rahini School of Yoga and Meditation, Reiki Integrated Healing Energy Center, and Qigong of Long Island
Dr. Dean, Co-Owner of True Living Yoga Healing Center, has been practicing yoga and meditation for over 25 years. His yoga training and study includes Hatha, Kundalini, Raja, Kundalini Maha and Tibetan Yoga. Additionally, he has many years of study and training in: Bon, Sakya, and New Kadampa Buddhist Traditions; Shinay, Mantra and Zen Meditation; Taoism; Medical and Spiritual Qigong; Reiki Healing; and Ayurveda. Dr. Dean has been a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance since 2001.
Dr. Dean is the founder of “Rahini Yoga” and the Director of the Rahini School of Yoga and Meditation, Rahini Rocks! Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program, and the Prenatal Rahini Yoga Program. All of these Yoga Schools are Yoga Alliance Registered Schools (RYS), and meet or exceed national yoga standards and education requirements. Graduates from his yoga programs are currently teaching all over the world including such places as Ecuador, South Africa, California, North Carolina, Florida, New York and Long Island.
To promote, educate, teach, and train others about the importance of radiant health, natural wellness, body-mind-spirit harmony and healing, Dr. Dean has founded both the “Reiki Integrated Energy Healing Center” and “Qigong of Long Island”. Dr. Dean is also President and Founder of “Bon Buddhism of Long Island” - the first recognized Bon Buddhist Sangha on Long Island. Many Bon Buddhist Lamas and Teachers from India support this Sangha by coming to Bon Buddhism of Long Island / True Living Yoga Center and give teachings on Buddhism, meditation, healing and how to live joyful, happier, and peaceful lives.
Dr. Dean, an Ordained Interfaith Minister since 1997, is a Naturopath, an Exercise Physiologist, Reiki Master and Qigong Master. Dr. Dean has appeared on television numerous times, is a guest speaker at wellness seminars, teaches meditation for cancer survivor groups, is a spiritual and mediation coach and a pyschic medium. He has authored several Rahin Yoga, Meditation and Reiki Teacher Training Manuals.
Dr. Dean has studied and trained with many teachers from many traditions including: Kundalini Yoga with Ravi Singh and received his spiritual name – Sukh Shabad Singh, from Yogi Bhajan; Hatha and Raja Yoga with Dr. Vedula Satyananda Rao- “Babaji”; Tibetan Yoga & Meditation with Alejandro Chaoul-Reich, Ph.D.; Tibetan Bon Buddhsim and Meditation with Latri Geshe Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche, Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche & Geshe Murig Nyima Kunkyap Rinpoche; Sakya Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism with His Holiness the Sakya Trizin; Qigong Healing and Medical Qigong with Master Tianyou Hao, Grandmaster Dr. Chen & Tina Zhang; Zen Buddhism and Meditation with Sensei Janet Jiryu Abels & Sensei Gregory Hosho Abels; Kundalini Maha Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Japa and Meditation with Shri Anandi Ma & Shri Deleepji.
Dean’s Credentials Include:
- Ordained Interfaith Minister (Since 1997)- Universal Life Church
- N.D.- Naturopathy
- Ph.D.- Natural Health
- M.S.- Exercise Physiology
- C.N.C.- Certified Nutritional Consultant
- M-RYT- Master Rahini Yoga Teacher
- E-RYT 500- Certified & Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher
- RCYT- Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher
- RPYT- Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher
- Qigong – Bestowed Black Sash Shifu from Grandmaster Dr. Warner Chen: 2001
- Qigong – Certifications in Qigong Healing, Spiritual Qigong & Medical Qigong
- Reiki Master & Teacher in the Usui Shiki Ryoho
- Publications – Teacher Training Manuals:
- “Fundamentals of Rahini Yoga”
- “Rahini Yoga: Yoga of Spiritual Alignment”
- “Essential Yoga Poses of Rahini Yoga”
- “Mind-Of-Clear-Light Meditation”
- “Reiki Healing: 1st, 2nd, Advanced & Reiki Master Levels”