Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ~ Buddha
Dean Telano, ND, PhD, E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP
Gong Master, Therapeutic Sound Healer, Restorative Yoga Therapist, Yin Yoga Instructor, Reiki Master, Medical Qigong Instructor
Dr. Dean, Co-Owner of Inspired Yoga & Healing Center, has been practicing yoga, meditation and Buddhism for over 30 years. His yoga training and study includes Rahini, Hatha, Kundalini, Raja, Kundalini Maha, Tibetan, Naam, Yin, Gong Yoga, Restorative and Therapeutic Yoga. Additionally, he has extensive years of study and training in: Bon, Sakya, and New Kadampa Buddhist Traditions; Shamatha, Mantra, Dzogchen, and Zen Meditation; Taoism; Medical and Spiritual Qigong; Reiki Healing; and Ayurveda. Dr. Dean has been a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance since 2001.
Dr. Dean is the founder of “Rahini Yoga” and the Director of the Rahini School of Yoga and Meditation, a Yoga Alliance Registered School (RYS) at the 200 & the 500 Hour Levels, with Specialities in Prenatal (RPYS) and Children’s Yoga (RCYS). Graduates from his yoga programs are currently teaching all over the world including such places as Ecuador, South Africa, Japan, California, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, New York and Long Island.
Dr. Dean, an Ordained Interfaith Minister since 1997, is a Naturopath, an Exercise Physiologist, Reiki Master and Qigong Instructor. Dr. Dean has appeared on television numerous times, is a guest speaker at wellness seminars, teaches meditation for cancer survivor groups, and is a spiritual and meditation coach. He has authored several Rahin Yoga, Meditation and Reiki Teacher Training Manuals.
Dr. Dean has studied and trained with many teachers from many traditions including: Kundalini Yoga with Ravi Singh and received his spiritual name – Sukh Shabad Singh, from Yogi Bhajan; Hatha and Raja Yoga with Dr. Vedula Satyananda Rao- “Babaji”; Tibetan Yoga & Meditation with Alejandro Chaoul-Reich, Ph.D. & Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche; Yin Yoga with Corina Benner; Therapeutic Yoga with Cheri Clampett & Arturo Peal; Bon Buddhsim and Meditation with Latri Geshe Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche & Geshe Murig Nyima Kunchap Rinpoche; Sakya Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism with His Holiness the Sakya Trizin; Qigong Healing and Medical Qigong with Sifu Sat Hon, Master Tianyou Hao, Grandmaster Dr. Chen & Tina Zhang; Zen Buddhism and Meditation with Sensei Janet Jiryu Abels & Sensei Gregory Hosho Abels; Kundalini Maha Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Japa and Meditation with Shri Anandi Ma & Shri Deleepji.
Dr. Dean’s Credentials
- • Ordained Interfaith Minister (Since 1997)- Universal Life Church
- • N.D.- Naturopathy
- • Ph.D.- Natural Health
- • M.S.- Exercise Physiology & Sports Nutrition
- • R.M.T.- Reiki Master and Teacher in the “Usui Shiki Ryoho Tradition” – The Usui System of Natural Healing. Founder of the Reiki Center of Healing Arts.
- • Teacher Training Manuals Written By Dr. Dean Telano:
- — Rahini Yoga: “Fundamentals of Rahini Yoga”; “Rahini Yoga: Yoga of Spiritual Alignment”; “Essential Yoga Poses of Rahini Yoga”.
- — Meditation: “Mind-Of-Clear-Light Meditation”.
- — Reiki: 1st Degree Manual; 2nd Degree Manual; Advanced Reiki Training (ART) Manual; Reiki Master Manual.
- — Yin Yoga: “Yin Yoga: In the Spirit of Rahini Yoga”.
Professional Yoga Training & Experience
- • Founder & Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation (Consists of 4 Registered Yoga Alliance Schools – RYS 200, RYS 300, RPYS, RCYS):
- — “RAHINI YOGA is a Complete Yoga & Meditation Healing System for the Body, Mind & Spirit.”
- — “RAHINI YOGA Begins from the Inside Out – It Helps Grow the Yoga That’s Already Inside Each of Us.”
- — “RAHINI YOGA is Inspired Yoga…Inspiring Positive Change.”
- • Registered Yoga Teacher: Yoga Alliance – Since 2001.
- • E-RYT 500 – Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher.
- • RCYT – Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher.
- • RPYT – Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher.
- • YACEP – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider.
- • Restorative Yoga Therapist. Certified & Completed Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training: Therapeutic Yoga Training Program – Cheri Clampett & Arturo Peal (restorative yoga & gentle yoga; supported postures & prop usage; breathwork; hands-on-healing; guided meditation; restoration for illness, injury, emotional/mental stress; aging population; pregnancy; aromatherapy).
- • Gong Master & Gong Yoga Teacher. Certified & Completed Gong Master and Gong Yoga of Holistic Resonance Teacher Training: Awarded the title of Gong Master by Gong Grandmaster Don Conreaux (Gong Meditations, Gong Baths, Gong Puja & Gong Therapeutic Healing; Tibetan Singing Bowls; Shruti; Conch; Over-Toning; Chiometer; Starhenge Sacred Geometry; Pranayama; MEM Gong Yoga Kriyas).
- • Therapeutic Sound Healer. Certified & Completed Teacher Training in Integrated Clinical Therapy with Tibetan Singing Bowls: Academy of Sound Healing – Master Satya Brat (Tibetan bowls sound healing; brainwave relaxation therapy; yoga & meditation; stress reduction; treatment for physical ailments; holistic healing; special populations).
- • *Certified & Completed Teacher Training in Hatha Yoga – 200 Hour & 500 Hour Levels: High-Tech Yoga Institute of America – Dr. V.S. Rao (Vedula Satyananda Rao).
- • *Certified & Completed Teacher Training in Raja Yoga – Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: High-Tech Yoga Institute of America – Dr. V.S. Rao (Vedula Satyananda Rao).
- • Certified & Completed Teacher Training in Tibetan Bon Yoga – Tsa Lung Trul Khor: Ligmincha Institute – Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche & Alejandro Chaoul-Reich (Tibetan Yoga Magical Movements of the Energy Channels & Breath).
- • Certified & Completed Teacher Training in Yin Yoga I: Wake Up Yoga – Corina Benner (yin yoga poses, alignment, class sequencing & themes; yin yoga philosophy, yin/yang, & tension/compression; energy anatomy, chakras, nadis & meridians; pranayama; meditation).
- • Certified & Completed Teacher Training in Yin Yoga II: Wake Up Yoga – Corina Benner (yin yoga poses in-depth; class theme building & class sequencing considerations; chakras, five koshas & meridian study; pranayama, chanting & meditation; teaching methodology; practicum).
- • Received Master Degree in Yoga Education: High-Tech Yoga Institute of America – Dr. V.S. Rao (Vedula Satyananda Rao).
- • Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Workshops: Studied with Ravi Singh; Attended Workshops Led by Yogi Bhajan.
- • Kundalini Maha Yoga: Dhyanyoga Centers – Studied with Shri Anandi Ma & Shri Dileepji (hatha yoga, pranayama, japa, meditation).
*Lineage: Please note, Dr. Dean’s Hatha Yoga & Raja Yoga Teacher – Dr. V.S. Rao, or Vedula Satyananda Rao, was a Disciple of “His Holiness Sri Swami Sivananda Saraswati”. Additionally, Dr. V.S. Rao’s Main Mentor was “Yog Yogeshwer Maha Prabhu Sri Ramial Ji Maharaj”.
Qigong Training & Experience
- • *Initiated into the Dragon Gate Taoist Lineage through Sifu Sat Chuen Hon — 21st Dragon Gate Lineage Holder of the Complete Reality Taoist School.
- • Currently Studying as a Master Medical Qigong Therapist at the Institute of Traditional Medicine (ITM), Toronto. Medical Qigong Therapy is a Form of Chinese Energetic Medicine, and is One of the Four Foundational Schools of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- • Certified in Qigong Healing – Level 4 (Advanced Level: Grandmaster Dr. Warner Chen, 2001).
- • Certified as Medical Qigong Educator – (Sifu Sat Chuen Hon).
- • Certified in Chinese Medical Qigong: The Three Treasures Form (Master Tina Chunna Zhang).
- • Certified in Standing Healing & Relaxation Forms (Master Tianyou Hao).
- • Founder of “Radiant Health Qigong of Long Island” — A Long Island Based Qigong Studio that Emphasizes Holistic Health with Sound & Energy Healing.
*DRAGON GATE is a 14th century Taoist lineage of internal qi/energy circulation through gentle movement, breathing exercises, sound, hand mudra and sacred calligraphy.
Martial Arts & Self-Defense Experience
- • Trains in the Art of Hung-Ga Kung Fu/Si Lum Hung Kuen & Shuai Jiao/Suht Gok (Sifu Rik Kellerman: Ten Tigers Kung Fu Academy).
- • Krav Maga: Certified – Level 2.