Meditation Class FAQ
Inspired Yoga & Healing Center, 1740 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743. Contact Us for More Information.
The class is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Students should arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to class. Many students remain an additional 5 minutes to ask questions.
This simple, but powerful, meditation is deeply healing … increasing our spiritual strength, our ability to take on life challenges, and helping us to develop peace, compassion and illumination in our everyday lives. ~ Dr. Dean Telano
“Happiness, Joy & Inner Peace through Buddhist Meditation:
A Simple Approach”
- Class Teacher: Dr. Dean, N.D., Ph.D., E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP
- Founder & Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation
- Gong Master, MEM Gong Yoga Teacher, Therapeutic Sound Healer, Restorative Yoga Therapist,
- Yin Yoga Instructor, Medical Qigong Instructor, Usui Reiki Master, Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki ® Master
Join us the 1st Sunday of every month for “Shamatha Meditation”, a simple but profound meditation. Shamatha, or “Mindfulness Meditation”, is how we make our mind more calm and more stable. From this point of view, shamatha is not purely a Buddhist practice; it’s a practice that anyone can learn and do.
Meditation is a natural state of mind – at rest, open, alert. The practice of meditation has been taught for hundreds of years for realizing and embracing the beauty and magic of every day life.
Buddhism emphasizes the potential for awareness, insight, clarity, and illumination in every day situations. Through consistent meditation practice, gentleness, and a sense of humor the practitioner learns how to let go of conflicting emotions and wake up on the spot. The Buddhist approach of self-discovery is rooted in the simple but revolutionary premise that every human being has the ability to cultivate the mind’s inherent calm, clarity, and strength in order to be more awake and to develop the compassion, loving kindness, and wisdom necessary to care for oneself and the world genuinely.
Meditation is offering your genuine presence to yourself in every moment. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
All are welcome and no prior experience necessary. Folding chairs are provided.
- — Meditation Instruction.
- — Mindfulness Based Practices & Breathwork.
- — The Power of Positive Thinking & Affirmations.
- — Brief Discussion or Lecture.
- — Book Recommendations are given to help keep up with the content of the class.
Contact Us for Class Book Recommendations.
Call 631.486.3843 or Email email@example.com to Reserve a Seat.
Dean Telano / Sukh Shabad, N.D., Ph.D, E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT – Meditation & Spiritual Life Coach Click Here To Learn More About Dean Telano
|Buddhist Meditation Class||Group Meditation Class||—||$15.00|