Our Mission Statement
- To uphold the Bön Buddhist tradition and in no way violate the teachings and practices by dilution and misrepresentation.
- The creation of the Sangha and its role, no different than any other family role, is to instill and ensure the proper cultural values and ethics. Therefore, this Sangha brings together those spiritual individuals who have a sincere, shared interest in learning, practicing and preserving the teachings and wisdom of Bön Buddhism.
- This specific Sangha is especially dedicated to the efforts of Kundröl Namka Thinley Wangyal Rinpoche, Geshe Nyima Kunchap Rinpoche and Latri Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche. It is with their warmest wishes and earnest permission that this Sangha has the fortunate opportunity to bring Bön Buddhism to Long Island.
- To help cultivate and propagate loving-kindness (Metta), peace (Shanti), compassion (Karuna) and a higher spiritual way of living throughout this Sangha and our local and global communities. We, as Sangha members, are truth seekers of our own spiritual being in order to become whole, connected and reunited with all other kindred spirits.
Tashi Delek & Welcome!
We, at True Living Yoga Healing Center, have established the first Bön Buddhist Center and Bön Sangha of Long Island, New York. Founded by Dr. Dean Telano (Sukh Shabad Singh), our Bön Sangha is recognized worldwide and has received special blessings from His Holiness Lungtok Tenpa’i Nyima, the 33rd Menri Trizen – the worldwide spiritual leader of the Bön tradition.
Guided by Dr. Dean Telano, our Sangha (Spiritual Community or Spiritual Family) is very connected and unique. The cornerstone of our Sangha or Spiritual Community is: SEVA or the “Spiritual Practice of Selfless Service”.
Moreover, our Sangha recognizes “The Six Perfections” or “Paramitas” – Virtues cultivated to strengthen our practice and Sangha:
- Dāna Paramita: Generosity or Giving
- Śīla Paramita: Good Conduct or Morality
- Ksanti Paramita: Patience or Tolerance
- Virya Paramita: Energy or Zeal
- Dhyana Paramita: Meditation
- Prajna Paramita: Wisdom
Our spiritual doors are open to everyone, exclude no one and bring together spiritual individuals who have a sincere, shared interest in learning, practicing and preserving the teachings and wisdom of Bön Buddhism, Sutra, Tantra, and Dzogchen
Our Bön Buddhist Center hosts guest teachers, yogis, and healers from India so they can share sacred teachings from Tibet’s oldest spiritual tradition, Bön. Although Bön dates back as far as 18,000 years, its teachings are ageless and can be applied to our modern day world. These extraordinary guest teachers show us how we can apply these simple teachings to our personal lives so we can find lasting peace, joy and happiness. When we as human beings cultivate these beautiful qualities into our every day life we spontaneously nourish our spirit and soul. Each nourished soul helps to create a worldwide garden of spiritual beings.
Here, at the Bön Buddhist Center, we provide simple methods and gentle encouragement to help achieve spiritual growth, personal self-discovery, and inner transformation. Our hope is that this Bön Buddhist Center contributes to the creation of a world of human and spiritual beings that live and work together in harmony, peace, and loving kindness.
Peace, Joy & Light
Dean Telano / Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT 500, RCYT, RPYT – President